No jokes, this book completely changed my perspective on money and saving for my future. In fact, this book is so valuable that IMO it should be a prescribed textbook in schools. I’m sure you can tell by the title that it’s not for the fainthearted – if you’re not one for straight talk or cursing there’s also a Teen version. Buy it for yourself and gift it to your friends and family. You will be doing them (and yourself) a massive favour.
Reasons I love this book:
- It’s written by a South African, for South Africans. Everything is in Rands, and Sam refers to local banks like FNB & ABSA in the book.
- It gives you the actual facts. Unlike many other finance books that just tell you a whimsical tale about how the writer went from rags to riches, but never actually tell you HOW (looking at you, Robert Kiyosaki).
- It’s not boring. The book is humorous and is filled with interesting facts, graphs, charts and whatnots to keep your attention.
- It’s a quick read. The first time I read this book, I finished it in one weekend.
Online Store: Faithful to Nature
Like many others I’m on the journey of being more ‘green’, and thanks to FtN I’m progressing, one eco-friendly cleaning product at a time. They stock everything from groceries and household goods to clothing and home decor. A true one-stop shop for earth-friendly goods. You’re bound to find what you’re looking for, and more.
Why I love FtN:
- They stock a ton of locally sourced & produced products, so it’s assisting the South African economy.
- Free delivery nationwide for all orders over R400.
- A massive variety of products at various price points, so even those with a tight budget can jump on the green train.
- ‘Refer a friend’ and points system (think Clicks cashback), so you get rewarded for shopping with them.
- ‘Back in stock’ notifications – you can sign up for alerts when your fave products are out of stock, to be notified when they’re available again. I personally love this and wish more online stores would implement this service.
- Amazing customer service, and fast turn-around times.
If you’re interested in trying FtN for the first time, use this link to register and you’ll get R100 off your first purchase.
(This is not an affiliate link)
Bumble is not your average dating app. What sets it apart from the rest is that it has three sides to it: Dating, BFF & Bizz. You can use all 3 at the same time, or whichever one you are interested in, pausing the others so that you don’t appear in other people’s searches.
If it’s not already obvious, the BFF side of Bumble is purely to make friends. Bizz is to meet potential business connections.
I’ve personally made a couple of solid friends thanks to Bumble BFF, and it was a great help to stay social during hard lockdowns.
Reasons to love Bumble:
- The app was created by women, for women.
- More filtering options than Tinder, for example, allow you to see a more custom curation of people.
- As a female, you get to send the first message, so no unexpected dickpicks as soon as you match. (What happens after your first message though, can’t be controlled)
- The options to make friends & business connections.
Bumble is a social network that allows you to feel empowered while you make those connections, whether you’re dating, looking for friends, or growing your professional network. One first move on Bumble could change your life.
Product: Collagen Powder
Collagen supplements are all the rage right now, and rightfully so. There are a ton out there to choose from, and as with everything you put in your body, I urge you to take your time doing proper research and reading reviews. In case you don’t know, collagen powders do come in vegan options, so be sure to look out for them while researching.
My two favourite brands are Harvest Table and BeBright. You can buy them directly from their online stores, or find both on FtN. Collagen powders are quite pricey, so I stock up when they are on promotion. I also bundle purchases with my mom to save on shipping costs. Both of these brands are so similar and I find they are both equally effective, so I buy whichever one is cheapest at the time.
If you’re wondering about taste, and how to use it, I can assure you that the powder has no taste or scent to it (OK maybe the faintest scent, but only if you stick your nose in the jar). I add the powder to my coffee and to smoothies. It dissolves completely, and there’s no taste (or aftertaste) whatsoever.
How collagen has worked for me:
- Hair growth. My hair not only grows much faster, but it’s stronger, healthier, and I also have a ton of new baby hairs along my hairline (which is a love-hate situation – iykyk).
- Nail growth. Pretty much the same as with my hair. I’ve noticed my nails growing much faster and stronger. I have had very soft, weak, brittle nails my whole life, so the improvement was very noticeable.
- I only noticed the results after about 3 months of using the product, and by then my hair and nails’ condition had already drastically improved.
This may be an odd one, but whatever. Something I really enjoy is learning more about myself, how my mind works and how that impacts my emotions and actions. Knowing myself better makes it easier for me to work on myself and become a better human.
With that said, one of my fave personality tests is the Myers Briggs test. I redo it every couple of years to see how I’ve changed. Yes, I’m that person.
Why I love 16personalities.com:
- The test is free to do, and when you register your free account you have lifetime access to your results. You can also retake your test at any time, and as many times as you want. No strings attached.
- The accuracy is next level. I dare you to try and avoid nervously laughing while reading your results.
- The website design is user-friendly and modern, and quirky. I personally find it appealing which is why I’m happy to spend more time on it.
- Everything is easy to understand and explained in great detail.
- There are free tools and assessments to help you grow, as well as paid options for those who are serious about self-improvement.
That’s it for the first (and hopefully not last) installment of #annemyneApproved. Please let me know if you try and/or find value in any of my recommendations. I love conversations about things I’m passionate about, so please don’t be shy.
Until next time. Kthanksbye x